You're invited to Langley's First Annual Children's Wish Breakfast in support of Langley Christmas Bureau.
On November 28, from 6:30 am - 9:30 am, donate a new unwrapped toy and receive a complimentary breakfast prepared by Newland's Golf & Country Club, located at 21025 48 Avenue, Langley.
Join in this tremendous effort, to support hundreds of Langley families who would not otherwise be able to celebrate Christmas. Everyone who turns up between 6:30 am and 9:30 am to donate a new, unwrapped toy or to make a cash donation will be treated to a complimentary breakfast prepared by the Newlands culinary staff. The crowd will be entertained by local singers and musicians and a visit from Santa. Volunteers from the Langley City Fire Department and the Langley RCMP will be on hand to receive the toys on behalf of the Christmas Bureau.
For those who are unsure what to bring, the Langley Christmas Bureau has provided a list of donations needed, including:
Donations for babies, toddlers, and preschoolers:
• Outdoor toys (tricycle, kick scooter, balance bike)
• Lego (mega & building blocks)
• Musical toys (xylophone, drums)
• Educational toys (shape sorting cube)
• Games (Hungry Hippos, Angry Birds)
• Crayon, paints, and easels
• Leapster Explorer Camera
• Toys, cars and train sets
• Craft Kits
Donations for elementary, tweens, and teens:
• Building toys (Lego, Duplo)
• Outdoor toys (skateboard, bikes)
• Hair dryers, straighteners, curling irons
• Bike helmets & locks
• Doodle Art/ Art sets
• Sports equipment & air hockey
• Logo hoodies
• Gift card (Mall $20 - $30)
Cash donation and gift cards are always welcome.
After the event, donations will be transported to Santa's workshop with the Christmas Bureau elves sorting the toys according to age and gender. The parents of registered families are invited to select gifts for their children the week before Christmas break. Last year the Langley Christmas Bureau helped 759 families consisting of 1700 children receive much-needed assistance from an organization which is 100% volunteer.