In April, in order to comply with Public Health Orders during the COVID-19 pandemic, the City ceased having on-site Council meetings, committee, and task group meetings and instead held them by electronic means in the absence of the public as permitted by Ministerial Order.
With the province of BC now in Stage 3 of its Restart Plan, local governments are being encouraged to use best efforts to resume on-site council meetings with the public in attendance while complying with physical distancing, maximum occupancy requirements and other COVID-19 safety measures.
Accordingly, as a pilot, the City of Langley will be holding its September 14th Regular Council meeting on-site in Council Chambers with the opportunity for members of the public to attend on-site to view the proceedings.
The following procedures will be in place to ensure the safety of the public, Council and staff.
- COVID-19 measures will be in place, including physical distancing, plexiglass barriers, and occupancy limits for the Council Chambers (maximum occupancy 19), the foyer outside of the Council Chambers (maximum occupancy 8), and the CKF Meeting Room (maximum occupancy 8). Please note that with Council members and staff, there is a limited amount of seating available to the public in the Council Chamber
- Public seating in the Council Chamber and CKF Room will be filled on a first come first served basis. If the maximum occupancy limit is reached in the Council Chamber, you will be invited to view the livestream of the Council meeting in the CKF Room. Once maximum occupancy limits have been reached for both rooms, we will be unable to accommodate any more people on site to view the meeting and a sign advising of this will be posted outside of City Hall
- The wearing of a face mask is encouraged
- Please arrive no earlier than 6:40 pm and no later than 6:55 pm before the meeting start time of 7:00pm
- The underground parkade continues to be closed; parking is available in the parking lot behind the Timms Community Centre
- Upon entering City Hall, you will be required to provide your full name and either a telephone number or email address for contact tracing purposes as required by the Public Health Order on Events and Gatherings
- The Regular Council Meeting will be livestreamed and may be viewed by visiting this page .
- The video recording of the meeting will also be posted on the above-referenced webpage the day after the meeting.