Mark your calendar! The first Saturday in December is the official date for the City of Langley's annual Magic of Christmas event. The event starts at 4:00pm in McBurney Plaza, children can write letters to Santa, get their face painted, make kid-themed ornaments and Christmas crafts as well as watch how snow becomes a beautiful sculpture with the final snow sculpture design revealed at 6:00pm. The parade features over 50 entries consisting of festive floats, live music, decorated vehicles, dance troupes, and Santa. After the parade, Mayor and Council will light the Christmas tree in McBurney Plaza and sing Christmas carols at 7:00pm. Come and join the fun.
- Date: Saturday, December 3, 2016
- Snow Sculpture: 12:00pm - 6:00pm
- McBurney Plaza Activities: 4:00pm - 6:00pm
- Parade: 6:00pm
- Christmas Tree Lighting and Caroling: 7:00pm
- Location: Fraser Highway - Parade starts at 56th Avenue and travels eastbound to 207th Street
Interested in Participating in the Parade?
For the 2016 Magic of Christmas Parade our committee has created a few options for you to participate either in the event or as a volunteer. Volunteer opportunities are for the day of the event only; hours would be from approximately 4:00pm to 8:00pm on December 3, 2016.
- Enter the Parade - CLICK HERE to Download the Registration Package
- Volunteer - email events (at) langleycity.ca
- Registration Check-In - You will be located in the staging area and help with checking in parade entries when they arrive
- Route - You will be located at various barricades along the parade route to ensure people do not remove the barricades
- Christmas Carolers (groups) - Sing with friends and/or family at one of the decicated locations along the parade route prior to the start of the parade to provide entertainment for the crowds while they are waiting for the parade to begin.
- Pacers - Located at key intersections, pacers will help manage the pace and spacing between the parade entries