Langley City and Lower Mainland Green Team have partnered to bring you this Earth Day activity! PLEASE REGISTER AS A GREEN TEAM VOLUNTEER by clicking: http://goo.gl/WRx6jr
To register for the event, click here.
No experience necessary.
We volunteer rain or shine.
At Brydon Lagoon (the entrance near 53 Ave and 199st)
Please reduce your ecological footprint by using:
• Transit. To find out the best route click: http://www.translink.bc.ca
• Your bicycle. For a bicycle map: http://www.translink.ca/en/Getting-Around/Cycling/Cycling-Maps.aspx)
• Carpool. Leave a message at the bottom of this page if you need a ride. Please chip in for gas ($5 for every hour of drive)
• Walk if you live nearby
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATING
• Learn about environmental issues facing the City of Langley Parks
• Meet new people
• Get exercise and fresh air in a beautiful green space
• Enhance a local park space and increase biodiversity
• Get volunteer hours
• Find out about other local organizations
• Feel a sense of community
• Lots of photos of you in action!
• Have FUN! ?
• Remove invasive plant species (they compete with native plants and for this one we will be focusing on digging up blackberry and pulling English Ivy)
• Plant native trees
• Carry tools and supplies to the site to and from the meeting spot
• Use hand tools safely and responsibly, and return them
FLOW OF ACTIVITY
• Meet at 9am (please don't be late)
• Sign in on your phone or our tablet (if you haven't yet, please don't forget to fill out the volunteer registration form: http://goo.gl/WRx6jr to save time on the day)
• Walk to Site (follow arrows if you're late)
• Receive instruction and demo on how to remove invasive plants effectively and plant native trees
• Remove invasive plants and plant
• Take a break (yummy refreshments time!) around 10.30am
• Volunteer until 12pm
• Sign out on your phone or our tablet
REGISTER AS A GREEN TEAM VOLUNTEER AHEAD OF TIME ONLINE
• If you haven't yet, register online: http://goo.gl/WRx6jr