City Council is looking for two Langley City residents to represent the community at large and one member to represent a local multi-cultural organization on the new Arts and Culture Task Group.
As a result of a recent review of its Strategic Plan priorities, City Council proposed a number of new initiatives and programs related to arts and culture in our community. To facilitate action, an Arts and Culture Task Group has been established to evaluate and recommend to City Council initiatives and programs related to the furtherance of arts and culture in the community.
This task group will be asked to prioritize, evaluate and develop a business case for the implementation of various arts and culture initiatives and programs. For example:
• “Made in Langley” film location tour;
• Creating a big labyrinth;
• Etch in design or art work along walkways;
• Sculpture/public art signs for trails and visual identifiers;
• Holding more evening and winter events and programs;
• Working artists in parks (sell their art work);
• Artists in residence
If you’re interested in participating in this exciting work and you have time and energy to commit to project planning and promotion, please send an email to Paula Kusack (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following information:
- Residential Address
- Email Address
- List any community groups you are currently associated with
- Tell us why you would like to serve on this task group
- Tell us how you can benefit the work of this task group
- Any additional comments you’d like to provide
Click here to review the Arts & Culture Task Group Terms of Reference and mandate in more detail.
The group will meet approximately one weeknight per month, exact dates to be determined.
Meetings take place at Langley City Hall from 7pm - 9pm.
Applications will be accepted until Monday, April 15, 2019.