The Langley City Community Day committee invites local organizations and business to participate in our annual Community Day Festival. Visit the event during the hours of 11:00 am to 3:00 pm to learn more about the many wonderful services and businesses that are local to our community.
List of Participating Organizations and Businesses:
- Bard in the Valley
- Bria Communities Retirement Living
- Canlan Sports - Langley Twin Rinks
- City - Crime Prevention Committee
- City - Master Transportation Plan
- City - Transportation 2045
- CoWorks by Elevate
- Douglas Park School Society Concession
- Discover Langley City
- Encompass Support Services
- Explore Science Club
- Fraser Valley Regional Library (Langley City Branch)
- Fraser Valley Ringette Association
- Gary Voigt Personal Real Estate Corporation
- Immigrant Services Society of BC
- KidSport Langley
- Langley Animal Protection Society (LAPS)
- Langley Arts Council - Art Walk
- Langley Community Action Team
- Langley Community Services Society
- Langley Field Naturalists
- Langley Human Dignity Coalition
- Langley Lions Club
- Langley Memorial Hospital Foundation
- Langley Minor Football Association
- Langley Pos-Abilities Society
- Langley Senior Resources Society
- Langley Toastmasters
- Langley Volunteer Bureau
- Metro Vancouver Water Wagon
- Natures Fare Market (Langley)
- New Directions English Language School
- Rahn's Black Belt Academy
- Rotary Clubs of Langley
- Sources Food Bank (Langley)
- The Willows Family Life Centre
- TOCA (Langley)
- Ukrainian Canadian Congress
- United Churches of Langley
- Vancouver Giants
- Waycea Metis Society
- Woo Kim Langley Taekwondo
Join in on the fun at one of the many FREE activity stations located throughout the park.
List of Free Activities:
- Art Walk (hosted by Langley Arts Council)
- Ball Hockey Rink
- Fire Rescue Kids Challenge
- Inflatable Corn Maze
- Jacob's Ladder Interactive Game
- 9-Hole Mini Golf
- Rock Climbing Wall
- Kids Crafts
- Outdoor Games and Activities
Note: activities are subject to change
The Douglas Park Community School Society will be hosting a concession fundraiser. All proceeds from the concession sales go directly to helping local kids through the Douglas Park Community School Society. The concession will be located adjacent to the Douglas Recreation Centre on the East side of the building.
- Burgers = $5
- Hot Dogs (inc. Halal) = $3
- Chips = $1
- Frozen Treats = $1
- Beverages (Pop, Water, Juice, Coffee) = $1
Some Downtown Langley Businesses located on Douglas Crescent will be participating in Community Day by holding a sidewalk sale or promotions in front of their businesses. Be sure to stop by and see what they have to offer!
Here is a list of participating businesses:
All Of Oils - 20450 Douglas Crescent
We’ll be doing a sampling table in front of our store where people can try oil and vinegar combinations with bread. We’ll also have 2 specially designed gift sets on special for that day as well. Our “Oily Kiss” - 4 x 60ml gift set will include 3 flavoured oils and 1 Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Regularly $23.50 but Community Day only $16.50. Our “Balsamic Bliss” - 60 x 60ml will include 3 flavoured dark balsamics and 3 flavoured white balsamics. Regularly $34.50 but Community Day only $24.00. Supplies will be limited.
The Country Cuties Dance Team is a volunteer dance team based out of Langley BC. They perform at events and festivals throughout the province and are available for private events as well. By combining basic line dancing and their own style they bring you "Line Dancing With Attitude"!
Quintessential Jazz Band has been playing jazz together throughout the Lower Mainland and beyond since 2004. The band plays both jazz standards and our original compositions, interpreting them with their own sound and unique flair that they call “Classic Jazz with a Twist.”
The band has enjoyed positive reviews and radio airplay for their recently released their fourth album “Expressivo.” Quintessential was the winner of the 2018 Fraser Valley Music Award in the Jazz category.
- Jim Galpin – Saxophone
- Brad Rogeness – Keyboards
- Dan Morrison – Drums
- Gerry Teichrob – Bass
Langley Community Music School (LCMS) Suzuki violin students are proud to share music they practiced together throughout the year. The Suzuki method of learning encourages children to learn music in a natural way - by listening and imitation, repetition and receiving praise and encouragement in a positive learning environment. LCMS is offering summer camps, including a Suzuki Strings Summer Camp, this summer.
Please visit LangleyMusic.com to learn more.
Will Stroet of Will's Jams is a JUNO-nominated musician, nationally recognized educator and former CBC Kids TV star. His high-energy rock-pop music in English and French is full of witty wordplay and sing-along choruses, inspiring kids to be active, creative, caring and community-minded.
Will and his trio perform hits from his 11 albums, which are masterpieces of creativity and fun, further cementing him as the ultimate star of children’s rock 'n' roll.
Check out music videos from Will's latest album, "Big Shiny Spoons," as well as hits from his other albums on his YouTube channel. You can also stream Will's videos on KidoodleTV and Sensical TV. For more info about Will, visit www.willsjams.comhttp://www.willsjams.com
Krystle presents an entertaining and enlightening live show celebrating soul music classics from artists like Stevie Wonder, The Supremes, The Temptations and more!
She’ll open your ears to the entire Motown era of music with artists from Chess and Stax Records: Otis Redding, Sam Cooke, Etta James. Playing all of the feel good tunes you’ll remember from the good ‘ol days.
Back by popular demand, the Greater Vancouver Food Truck Festival Society will be on-site hosting a block party featuring 20+ food trucks. Prices vary by food truck.
List of Participating Food Trucks:
- Acai Dude
- Aloha Poke
- B&B Rock N Roll Diner
- Betty's Greek Honey Ballz
- Big Red's Poutine
- Corndog King
- Cravings Kettle Corn
- Fusion Icy
- Hugs Mini Donuts
- KYU Grill
- Lemon Heaven
- Little oOties
- Munchu Picchu
- Oh My Gado
- REEL Mac & Cheese
- Rocky Point Ice Cream
- Shameless Buns
- Shawarma Time
- Slavic Rolls
- Smoking Hot Donairs
- Street Dogs
Note: food trucks are subject to change
Visit the beer garden at this years event, located on Park Avenue just south of Douglas Crescent. Must be 19+years and have valid ID to enter the Beer Garden.
- Farm Country IPA = $5.25
- Farm Country Everyday Ale = $5.25
- Farm Country Strawberry Rhubarb Sour = $5.25
- Farm Country Dad Jokes Corny Lager = $5.25
- Big Rock Peach Vodka Soda = $5.25
- Oddity Kombucha Cascade Hop = $6.00
- Oddity Kombucha Ginger = $6.00
- Oddity Kombucha Hibiscus = $6.00
Back by popular demand, the Greater Vancouver Food Truck Festival Society will be on-site hosting a BC Shop Local market. Items for purchase and prices vary by vendor.
List of Participating Market Vendors:
- AMLiora Designs
- BIPOC + Local Marketplace
- Camp Candle Co.
- Concrete Design Company
- CSC Jewelry
- Curvy Pots Handmade
- Dipsy Doodle Candy
- Fawn & Moose Collar Co
- Fluffy Bunny Cotton Candy
- Island Jerky - 2J's Smokehouse
- Ivy Lynn Home
- Katelyn James PNW
- Mamarang Enterprises Ltd
- Olive & Bloom Soap
- Our Little Soap Company
- Pawfect Biscuits
- Precious Pawz by Kobbs Supplies
- Spread'Em Kitchen Co
- Sweet Collective Co
- That's a Good Cookie
- The Colorful Closet
- Wick Off Candles
- Wild and Knotted
Note: vendors are subject to change
All day parking for $5 (cash only) is available at Douglas Park Community School (5409 206 Street - right beside Douglas Park). All proceeds go towards helping kids in our community through the Douglas Park Community School Society.
Find stories related to the annual event by clicking the links below.
- 2019 - People pack the streets for Community Day in Langley City
- 2019 - Save the Date – Community Day Festival is back and bigger than ever
- 2018 - Langley Advance - Family-fun fills Langley City park for Community Day
- 2018 - Langley Times - Community Day celebrates multiculturalism in Langley City